Saturday 26 January 2008

Couture & Me

I love couture, especially when it translates to real life. I was excited to see that Valentino used some long, brown satin gloves in one of his designs (pictured below) because I wore something very similar to my Barbie-themed birthday party that I had last year in October. I dressed as a 60's Barbie, and wore elbow length brown satin gloves that I picked out with my mom at the V&A's Golden Age of Couture exhibition gift shop - they were kind of expensive but sooo worth it. They definitely added something to my outfit, and I especially loved the quirky colour.






(photo from Marie Claire)



Although I love my gloves, you can see in this photo that they don't exactly fit perfectly - and they aren't entirely practical for everyday wear. At least I got to wear them once though, right?

1 comment:

Gracie said...

ooh those gloves are pretty
also
i'm going to london in like 2 weeks, can you recommend any vintage stores or markets that i can got to, and aren't waaaaay overpriced??
thankyou!!!!!