Monday 28 January 2008

How much does a Rolex cost?

I kind of thought about $8,000 or so, but I read that it can be a lot more than that. I really love Rolex-style watches - very chunky and bling. I think they look a lot better on girls than on boys - the Olsen twins being a perfect example of this. I don't love the Olsen twins, although I like watching old episodes of Full House from when they were little kids. It's funny comparing them to how they are now!

Back to Rolexs (how do you say Rolex plurally?), I read that the profits of sales go to charity, because when the founder died, he set up an organisation which controls the company and donates money to a whole bunch of different charities. Yet another reason to buy one!

(picture from a mary kate and ashley stalker sort of site)

Anyway, my own watch is pretty crappy. I got it from Forever 21 when I was in America this Christmas (I don't really like Forever 21 at all, although for basics like jeans they are good) and the paint is already starting to chip! I guess I couldn't expect much better for $1o. The strap is waaay too big, but because it's made of links I can't tighten it.



I guess I will just have to save up for a real Rolex (either that or a fake, which still costs about £30!!)

5 comments:

EvaAmarri said...

Hey great blog. Thanks for visiting mine. Would u like to link?

Andy said...

mmh. i actually have one. white and yellow gold with diamonds... a present from my dad.. lol. i love my watch ! and i'm from swiss. so thats why its a rolex hehe. and my dad has a looooot of watches.. :-)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I didn't know the profits went to charity. They are covetable.

bigglassesgirl said...

I stopped wearing watches because they made me anal about time. But I would go back for a rolex hahah

- said...

i´m not really into rolex... i know the olsen make them superchic and cool but i still find them for old men