Sunday 27 January 2008

Idiosyncratic?

Quirky jewellery is undoubtedly the best kind - my favourite necklaces are all a little weird. The most obvious quirky accessories company is probably Tatty Devine. For Christmas my incredibly lucky younger sister got an amazing Dali-inspired necklace - it is a black plastic moustache on a chain. You can sort of see it below, although my cousin and I were just messing around with this picture, so it's not the best shot ever (I tried looking for the necklace today so I could get a proper photo, but my sister seems to have hidden it... damn her). This necklace is of course from Tatty Devine, for the slightly steep price of £20.



While doing some 'research' for art, I stumbled upon the website The Paper Doll, and through it I found Fancy Jewels. As well as normal jewellery, they do wedding rings. If I get married anytime soon (unlikely, seeing as I'm still in school and everything) I will most definitely order my ring from Fancy. Two of my favourite items are below. Very individual, and I like how simple they are.




4 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

These pieces are terrific. I do agree quirky jewelry is the best--it always livens up even the most droll outfit.

Jenine Nerecina said...

wow, beautiful jewerly! :)

Wendy said...

The first piece is so cool! I love it!

Mela said...

Haha that moustache necklace is hilarious. Quirky jewellery is always a way to make people look twice at your outfit and think wow!